Health & Safety Services
What is Health & Safety?
At its most basic, Health & Safety is about the protection of all workers against accidents, injuries, and risks to health while at work. There are a number of key principles that apply to Health & Safety in the Workplace, these include:
Principles of Health & Safety
- Avoid – Prevent Risks
- Evaluate Unavoidable Risks
- Combat Risks at Source
- Adapt Work to the Individual, especially the design of workplaces
- Adapt Workplace to Technical Progress
- Prepare Safety Statement
- Provide Training and Instruction to Employees
Principle Legal Requirements
Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005
This is the principle Legislation in Ireland for Health and Safety. The Act sets out the statutory responsibilities of employer’s, employee’s, the self-employed and others concerned with Health and Safety in the workplace in Ireland.
General Application (Regulations), 2007-2016
These Regulations set out more specifically the duties and responsibilities under the 2005 Act. It includes areas such as:
- Working at Height
- Children and Young Persons
- Manual Handling
Cost of Accidents in the Workplace
The table below sets out some of the costs resulting from injuries in the workplace:
Cost of Personal Injury and Poor Health at Work
|Total Cost Per Year
|Cost Per Employee
|Loss of Work Days Per Year
Source: Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH)
What Motivates People to Take Health and Safety Seriously?
- Personal experience of injury / poor health and their consequences
- When employers and management take Safety seriously
- When employer’s implement their Safety Management Systems
- When employer’s and management insist on strict compliance
- When Employees receive training in Health and Safety
- When employer’s consult on safety issues with their employees
- Desire to be legally compliant
Benefits of Health & Safety
- Prevents injury to staff, customers etc.
- Saves your business money in the long run
- Standards of safety and work increase
- Ensures you are compliant with the law
- Promotes strong safety culture
- Prevents legal and other costs
- Motivated and Responsible Employees
- Higher Productivity
- Quality of work increases
- Enhances Employer’s reputation
Health & Safety Training
Health and Safety Training Programmes are proven to be highly effective in helping employers and employee’s become aware of the importance and value of Health & Safety in the workplace. They also provide practical tools and skills that help towards working safely and implementing effective Safety Management Systems.
Our courses have resulted in highly motivated and committed employers and employees alike in working together to maintain a safe and healthy working environment for all concerned.
We strongly encourage our prospective clients to look carefully at investing in safety management and employee safety training as a positive investment. The benefits really do speak for themselves!
What we do
- FREE NEEDS ASSESSMENTS
- Conduct Risk Assessments
- Risk Assessment Reports
- Prepare Safety Statements, Operational Manuals and Toolkits etc.
- Employee Health & Safety Training
- Safety Management Training
- Annual Retainer Services
Phone: 021 4355837
Mobile: 086 8838513