Workplace Relations & HR Management
What is Workplace Relations and HR Management?
Workplace Relations and HR Management is a multi-faceted and multi-disciplinary approach for managing the various and complex employer/employee relationships which exist and will continue to exist within organisations. Workplace Relations includes Employment Law, Workplace Relations Bodies, (Workplace Relations Commission) HR Management, Trade Unions etc.
The SME Sector is very vulnerable when it comes to Workplace Relations, especially given the myth that if you’re a small organisation then it doesn’t really matter about such things as Employment Law, HR Management etc. The fact is, it matters every bit as much as larger organisations, and in some respects, even more so. Wherever there are workplaces and people working in them, then there is Workplace Relations.
What does Workplace Relations Management do?
Workplace Relations Management offers employers the ability to manage their organisations successfully whilst protecting the interests and rights of their employees. But it does so much more than that. It facilitates the establishment of a more positive workplace relations culture.
Having an effective Workplace Relations culture in place enables employers achieve much more than simply comply with the raft of existing Employment Law.
Benefits of Workplace Relations Management
The benefits of having a workplace Relations Management System in place are quite considerable, they include:
- Enabling employers to recruit more effectively in the first instance;
- Promotes greater communications, confidence and trust between employers and employees;
- It enables employers to create positive, productive and profitable teamwork between employees, and between employees and management;
- It leads to shared empowerment, motivation, achievement and profit;
- In short: investing in Workplace Relations Management benefits all those within the organisation, and ultimately the employer’s and organisation’s success in the long-term.
What is Human Resource Management?
Human Resource Management is a support function for all types of organisations, whether they be “for-profit” or “not for-profit” in nature. Listed below are some of the key func-tions of HR Management and the contributions they make towards a successful business organisation:
The Functions of Human Resource Management
Provides the structures, skills, experience and the tools necessary to enable the employer recruit the best people for the job, and to set the right tone from the outset of the employer/employee relationship.
This is an important function for strengthening the employer/employee relationship, through measuring job satisfaction, employee engagement, consultation, and resolving workplace conflicts.
Remuneration & Benefits
This involves creating the remuneration structures, evaluation systems etc. for determining the appropriate salary grades and benefits for the various roles within the organisation.
Performance Management (PMS)
Having Performance Management Systems is essential for measuring an employee’s performance and ensuring they are achieving at the required level. Where performance falls below an agreed level or standard, the corrective actions can then be taken to achieve the desired improvement.
Training & Development
This is a key function in HRM. This includes providing induction training to new employees, and to ensuring the upskilling and ongoing development of existing employees. It also involves providing promotional opportunities etc., for those who wish to achieve personal goals and to take on specific studies/training towards furthering their career opportunities.
Compliance with Employment Law and Regulations is a critical HR function. Non-compliance can result in unfair working practices, unsafe working conditions, and general dissatisfaction with work-ing conditions; all of which impacts on an organisations effectiveness, and profitability.
Benefits of HR Management
- Effective recruitment, management and development of the workforce
- Enables employers to have greater control over their organisation
- Promotes mutually beneficial workplace relations
- Ensures compliance with Employment Law
- Improves performance and productivity
- Prevents legal action, e.g. breach of contract, unfair/ constructive dismissal, discrimination, bullying etc.
- Controls costs, absence and poor time-keeping
- Minimises legal, insurance and other costs
What We Do
We provide a range of HR Management Services including:
- Free Needs Assessments
- Level 1 Service: Ready to Use HRM Toolkit
- Level 2 Services: Level 1 + Employment Contracts and Job Descriptions
- Level 3 Services: Level 2 + Policies & Procedures, HRM Database
- Level 4 Services: Level 3 + Employee Handbook
- Level 5 Services: Level 4 + Annual Pro-Active Retainer Service
- Pro-Active Retainer Services
- Workplace Relations & HR Management Training
Phone: 021 4355837
Mobile: 086 8838513